Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Myrtus Communis: Week 1


This week we had our front beds reworked overhauled gutted. We had everything ripped out. I wanted to replace the shrubs with a plant my mom has. She actually gave me the same plant a few years ago and to her surprise, I was able to keep it alive until this summer. Sadly, I forgot to move it out of the blazing heat/sun while we were gone to the beach. So now its dead. Boo.

She bought them (we think) in Brenham, Independence, or Roundtop, but we can't find them here. It didn't help that we didn't know what they were.

I took a bunch from her plant to Akin's, and within a few minutes the girls were making bets as to what it was. Before long they concluded that it was in fact MYRTLE! And they didn't have any.

They dipped the stems in some hormones? and sent two home with me. I am to keep them moist (her word not mine), and hope they start to grow.

Here we are at week 1:






0 comments:

Post a Comment