Friday, December 9, 2011

Eff tha Po-lease.



I'm gangsta. No, not really.

Okay, so I  have relatively strong opinions about some of the shreveport coppers. I think they are idiots. No need to rush into defensive mode. I said some.
I have been taking 'data' on interesting/questionable things I see cops do when I'm out and about.
Today was a little different.

There is an intersection in Shreveport that is in serious need of a camera. People are shameless about running this light. Maybe they think they can beat the orange, but fail. Big time. So I was headed North on Line when I spotted a five-oh blow through the light. I was hot. (I think the douche who cut me off moments before triggered my *rage.) I was so hot that I followed the cop. I decided that I would say something to him if we got stopped next to each other at the next light. RED. So I roll down my window and he does the same.

Me: I am not trying to be accusatory BUUUT...I have seen some serious accidents at the intersection of Line and Pierremont due to people running the stop light. And I actually just saw you run it.

Ahole police: Ma'am, I DID NOT RUN THAT LIGHT.

ME: Okay, maybe you didn't notice ;) but I saw ya, and it happens. It would be awesome if we got some cameras, or police presence. Its so dan---

Ahole cop: MA'AM. I. DID. NOT. RUN. THE LIGHT.

ME: Okay, all I wanted to--

Ahole cop: I'M GONNA TELL YOU AGAIN. I DID NOT RUN THE LIGHT. THE TIMING MUST BE OFF (bullshit), BECAUSE I WOULD NEVER RUN A LIGHT.

It's not a case of bad timing. I have been watching that light forever. And even if it was, the city would be stupid to have not noticed or fixed it.

Anyways, our light turned green and I managed to get in a 'its dangerous--don't run it.' And turned on the first street I could. My inspection sticker is way out of date and I'm pretty sure I didn't have my seat belt on.

I can GUARANTEE that had there been a camera on that light, it would have proven he ran it. I have seen a gazillion regular ole folks and shreveport's finest police officers run that light. Hey, I'm guilty too. At one point in time, I thought it was a good idea to do sixty mph between fern and fairfield just to avoid red lights. Not any more. :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment