Tuesday, September 28, 2010

As of late...


On September 24, Jason and I celebrated our second anniversary. Last year we were to buy a 'piece of art' for our first anniversary, but we never got around to it. We knew what we wanted, we just needed to either get down to New Orleans and pick it out or commission it and coordinate it all online. Well, we choose the former and hit the road to NOLA to pick it out in person. By the time we actually got to her (Amanda Stone Talley) studio I was so excited, I could barely see straight! We settled on this one....



I suffer from terrible buyers remorse. It really is ridiculous. As soon as we stepped out of her studio I was consumed by regret and insecurity...is this right for us?, is it going to look right in our house?, that was a lot of money, did we really need this? (yes and no). I do this every time I spend money (groceries, pedicures, clothes, etc). oh well! it's a done deal! It is now sitting at Nader's Art Gallery waiting to be framed. It is going to look FABULOUS!

While we were in New Orleans, we went on a bike tour. I can't remember the names of the neighborhoods we rode around, but they weren't in the prettiest parts of the city, that's for sure. It was interesting. Our tour guide gave us quite the history lesson at each stop. This photo is at a stop at a cemetery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment